121 Care has a comprehensive training program for 2017-2019, which comprises of both classroom and on-line training. All training, with the exception of first aid and CPR will be provided at no cost to workers and workers will be paid to attend.
All staff are required to undertake mandatory training to meet minimum training requirements for home care workers. Not all workers are required to complete all training, as some training modules are dependent on specific client needs.
Mandatory Training for workers:
1. First Aid & CPR
It is a requirement that workers hold a current Senior First Aid and CPR certificates at all times and provide 121 Care with current copies of their certificates. Maintaining current certificates will be the responsibility of each worker and employment may be temporarily suspended if currency is not maintained. First Aid needs to be renewed every 3 years and CPR needs to be renewed every 12 months
To cover the cost of first aid and CPR training, an hourly first aid allowance is paid to workers each fortnight. .
First aid training providers:
- All Ability Training: Noosaville | P: 07 5470 2830 | W: www.allabilitytraining.com.au
- Allens Training: Birtinya | 07 5438 8888 | W: www.allensfirstaid.com.au
- Daisy Learning: Maroochydore | P: 07 5479 6301 | www.daislylearning.com.au
- National First Aid Training Institute: Maroochydore | P: 1800 851 819 | W: http://www.nfti.edu.au/
- Safety Wave: Nambour | P: 1300 662 156 | www.safetywave.com.au
2. Manual Handling
3. Workplace, Health & Safety
5. Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation
6. Anti-discrimination, bullying and harassment
7. Critical incident reporting
8. Personal Boundaries
9. Bowel Therapy / Catheter Care. Required only for workers performing enemas/bowel therapy or catheter care as part of their duties.
10. Assist with Medication Training. Required only for workers assisting with medications as part of their duties
Additional Training opportunities:
121 Care is unique, in that we offer our staff the opportunity to undertake over 250 online courses in various areas for their personal development, all at no cost to the staff member.
Workers also have the opportunity to up-skill their qualifications through Government funded courses. These include:
- Certificate III & IV in Individual Support – Disability
- Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- Diploma of Community Services
Call 121 Care Staff Services Coordinator for more information.
Last updated: 10 February 2017